(click on the images for larger views)
The Church of the Messiah Memorial Garden was established along the north side of the church in 2003. The garden was created to provide an appropriate consecrated place for the interment of cremated remains of Messiah members, their families and Episcopalians in the community.
The Parish Hall is used for church activities as well as coffee and fellowship every Sunday morning. The Parish Hall also serves as a weekly meeting location for local AA and Al-Anon groups.
The building also includes a kitchen, nursery, youth room, choir room and office.
Stained Glass Windows
The design for the window over the altar was taken from the famous painting by Holman Hunt entitled "The Light of the World." In June of 1920, the Rev. Henry Mazyck became the minister of the Church of the Messiah. Mrs. Mazyck was instrumental in obtaining this stained glass window.
The window was originally commissioned for a church in New York at a cost of one thousand dollars. Because the finished window did not meet certain specifications of the New York church, Mrs. Mazyck obtained the window for the Church of the Messiah for five hundred dollars. Money for the purchase of the window was donated by friends of Mr. & Mrs. W. C. Ruffin who were members of Messiah. The window was dedicated in memory of Mr. & Mrs. Ruffin at a service on October 22, 1922.
The beautiful stained glass windows in the church have been given through the years in memory of former members of The Church of the Messiah.
Our santuary features a beautiful handcrafted original interior from 1897 with ornamental design throughout the church.
The Church of the Messiah
The church is located at the edge of Downtown Mayodan, North Carolina with the same architectural design since it was built in 1897.